Cherry Hall was named for the cherry orchard located behind the house at the time of its construction. This house is believed to have been built with bricks made from the clay bed located in what is now Terhune Park.
Garret P. Conover (1804 – 1873) and his wife Sarah (nee Hubbard) had this house built. He was a merchant and operated a general store on the adjacent lot to the north. He had a coal and wood yard. He owned the land that extended to where the Henry Hudson trail is located. The Conovers had seven daughters and one son, and the family continued to live here from 1837 to 1926. The are buried in Rose Hill Cemetery.
In September of 1928, Councilman Warren G. and wife Florence Hutchinson purchased the home. Mr. Hutchinson owned the plumbing supply store located near the train station. They added a porch to the rear of the house. Their daughter, Ann, was a model for a new display mannequin in 1939.
Built c. 1836. Colonial with Greek revival accents. Brick with Flemish bond. Ionic order doorway enframement with side and transom lights. One of the other notable features of this home is the numerous Chimneys.