This store was erected by Fred Schock, a tobacconist. (b. 1853).
A number of the buildings here were used for storage for carriages. The Reid & Craig carriage factory was here. They had in their employ blacksmiths, painters, body-makers, trimmers and mechanics making first class carriages. Much of their work was sent to the south prior to the Civil War. Around 1873 they closed shop.
Later in 1920s, it was the site of the D. E. Mahoney grocery store.