This lot was once a lumberyard owned by Longstreet and Bray. Later, it became known as the Eskesen property. Bennett K. Eskesen, a Danish sea captain lived here. His daughter Metthea married Karl Mathiason and they started manufacturing tile first in Perth Amboy and later in 1897 established the Matawan Terra Cotta Company and occupied the L. L. Rue Pottery Company site. This residence was torn down sometime after 1940.
The Gulf Station started operating on this site in 1958. The photograph on the left is the former Gulf Station. Later, it became OK Sales & Service. At that time, the pumps were removed. The building was vacant by 2017. During 2019, the property was surrounded by a chain link fence. It was demolished by 2021.